We at StopSleepGo ("We") understand that making purchases online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
This policy (together with our Terms and Condition of Use and Booking Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is StopSleepGo of United Kingdom.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.stopsleepgo.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, opening a host account, posting material, editing your profile, booking a stay or requesting further services, and includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address, phone number and if you are a user with accommodation to rent out (a host), bank account or PayPal details, or if you are a user who wishes to rent out accommodation (a Guest) and make a booking via our site, billing information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or a booking.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To contact you in relation to a listing, booking or proposed booking, including providing you with booking confirmation and updates.
- To provide you with the products and services you request.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or the booking page).
StopSleepGo is designed to allow hosts and guests to share information with one another in order to facilitate arranging stays. Listings posted by hosts, ratings and reviews of hosts and guests, and the profile information (as described below) of hosts and guests are, as far as you allow it, visible to any visitor to the site.
When you register on our site and submit your personal information to create a profile page, other users will see some of the information you provided as indicated on such page. We do not allow our users to browse user profiles but they may access your profile through various ways (if you made a booking request, a host may for instance look at your personal profile). Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
If you post a listing, we may also display the geographical location of your property in the form of a map so that potential guests can see the general area and neighbourhood of your property, but you can choose whether to display the actual street address or not. Note that users will never have access to your billing information.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If StopSleepGo or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability kfor these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.